Adult Neurological Consultation can take between 45-60 minutes depending on the complexity of the patient’s condition and will involve a comprehensive assessment including a detailed review of your symptoms, medical history, and physical examination.
Depending on the case, Dr Baumann may also decide to perform a Nerve Conduction Study/EMG or EEG to assist in diagnosing the problem. At the end of the Adult Neurological Consultation, Dr Baumann will explain the likely diagnosis of your presentation along with a plan of investigation(s) and treatment. A detailed report will be sent back to your referring doctor after all investigations have been completed usually after your review appointment.
Conditions That We Treat
(But are not limited to)
- Parkinson’s disease (and other movement disorders)
- Neurodegenerative disorders of the brain
- Epilepsy/seizure disorders
- Headache and migraine
- Peripheral neuropathies (including focal neuropathies and plexopathies)
- Neuromuscular/peripheral weakness disorders (ALS/MND, myopathy, neuromuscular)
- Inflammatory nerve and muscular disorders (CIDP, inflammatory myopathy, etc.)
- Multiple Sclerosis and other inflammatory conditions of the brain and spinal cord.